AUTO REPAIR SERVICES | TRANSMISSION REPLACEMENT
Transmission Replacement in Broomfield, CO and Erie, CO
Of all the things that can go wrong with a car, transmission trouble is the one people dread the most. That’s because transmission repairs are often complex, time-consuming, and costly. But that’s only the case if you take your car to the wrong mechanic.
At Fine Tuned Auto, our expert ASE-certified mechanics have the specialized training and state-of-the-art equipment required to make transmission work a straightforward affair. We can handle everything from minor transmission adjustments to a complete transmission replacement at our Broomfield, CO and Erie, CO locations. And as always, all of our work is backed by a 3-Year/36,000-Mile nationwide warranty.
Fine Tuned Auto Offers Affordable Transmission Replacements for All Types of Transmissions
After your car’s engine, your transmission is the second most important—and complex—major system. It’s the part responsible for delivering the power from your engine to the wheels with the correct gear ratio. Without it, your car would struggle to get up to high speeds or wouldn’t be able to deal with driving on an incline.
And there’s more than one type of transmission.
- Manual Transmissions — A manual transmission relies on the driver to operate a gear shifter and clutch pedal inside the vehicle. Although uncommon in modern cars, they include automated, preselector, synchronized, unsynchronized, and single-clutch versions.
- Automatic Transmissions — Automatic transmissions are the most common type of transmission in use today. They use a torque converter to determine which gear is most appropriate for the driving conditions at any given moment. They come in hydraulic, direct-shift gearbox, and Tiptronic varieties.
- Continuously Variable Transmissions — CVT transmissions are less common than conventional automatic transmissions. They rely on a system of belts and pullies to simulate standard gears, providing a smoother driving experience.
- Semi-Automatic and Dual-Clutch Transmissions — Some vehicles come with semi-automatic or dual-clutch transmissions. They include automatic clutch systems but leave the actual shifting up to the driver.
No matter which type of transmission you have, our mechanics have the skills required to perform fast and affordable transmission replacement in Broomfield, CO.
How Can I Tell if I May Need a Transmission Replacement?
More often than not, your car will give you some warning signs when its transmission needs repair. The good news is that if you catch those signs early and schedule the proper transmission maintenance, you may be able to avoid needing a transmission replacement. The signs include:
- A noticeable lag or refusal to switch gears
- Clunking sounds when changing gears or whining sounds while at speed
- Strange noises while in neutral
- An unusual burning smell
- Transmission fluid leakage
- Slipping gears
If you notice any of the above symptoms, it’s imperative to reach out to the mechanic at Fine Tuned Auto as soon as possible. You can make an appointment at our convenient locations in Broomfield, CO or Erie, CO. In either case, we will diagnose and offer you the best solution.
Contact Fine Tuned Auto for Transmission Replacement Solutions in Broomfield, CO or Erie, CO
We understand that people don’t want to know their transmission needs work, but nothing else will suffice when you need transmission replacement. Fortunately, the mechanic at Fine Tuned Auto makes transmission replacement easy and hassle-free. We stand behind our work with a world-class warranty and unrivaled customer service.
Contact Fine Tuned Auto today for an expert transmission replacement in Erie, CO, or Broomfield, CO.